by Dheyna at Smitten Weddings
Smitten Weddings delivers elegant, naturally-inspired weddings that are uniquely you. My aim is to give couples a stress-free, fun wedding planning experience with stunning results. I am based in the Cotswolds, but will happily travel across the UK.
[Photo: Lindy Rogers Photography]
My approach is focused on ensuring your wedding captures your unique personalities; every wedding planning package is fully bespoke. I enjoy getting to know my couples, and by the time the wedding comes around, I will be a trusted, friendly face in the crowd, running things in the background so you can enjoy your special moment.
You may be wondering, what does a wedding planner actually do? How will a planner help me? Well, here are my top 10 reasons to hire a wedding planner.
- You can just focus on the fun! With a wedding planner, you can choose which parts of wedding planning you want to do, and pass on the rest! If you don’t want to keep track of payments or contracts – you don’t have to. If you’re not into Pinterest and creating mood boards, I can help with that.
- It saves you time. Surveys reveal year after year that couples can spend 200 hours planning their wedding! Think about what else you could be doing in that time…
- You will have extra support and expert knowledge. No-one is going to care as much about your wedding as you do… except your planner! When you have those late-night worries and nagging questions, you can send a quick message over and I will put you at ease.
- I’ll help you break down any creative barriers. You want a gorgeous wedding but could be struggling to unlock your creativity. I can give you images and ideas to get you going and narrow down what it is you really want.
- You can relax on your big day. A lot goes on on a wedding day – you don’t want to be dealing with everything yourself when it’s your special moment. Having someone trustworthy there to take the phone calls, check on the suppliers, ensure the venue looks perfect, and run any last-minute errands is so handy! You could leave this role to a bridesmaid or groomsmen, but you’ve asked them to be a special part of your day for a reason – you want them with you, not running around.
- Someone has to round up the guests. You need someone to grab the right people for photos at the right time. You need someone to line up your guests for the confetti throw. When the taxis arrive, you need someone to get people to actually go home.
- Someone has to round up the suppliers. Your venue coordinator is there to ensure the venue is providing you with what you want, they won’t be chasing up the other suppliers. When your band arrives and doesn’t know where to go, I’m there. If your cake baker is lost down the road, I will go find them. If your photographer left their flash in the car, I’m on it.
- Any small mishaps? Emergency kit bag to the rescue. Your bridesmaid gets a sudden headache? On it. The boys can’t attach their buttonholes? On it. Running out of tissues? On it.
- Any bigger mishaps? You won’t even know they happened. If any issues arise on the day, I’m there to handle it before you or your guests even notice.
- Go to bed knowing everything is sorted. When your special day starts to come to an end, you can go to bed safe in the knowledge that your cards and gifts have been put somewhere safe, your guests are all on their way home, and that everyone has had an amazing time.
[Photo: OWO Studio]
If you would like to find out more about wedding planning, or working with me, head over to www.smittenweddings.co.uk, where you can find planning tips and tricks on the blog, and follow us on Instagram and Facebook for inspiration.